My classroom is getting closer to being ready for the munchkins to arrive in a couple weeks. Here are a few of the things I've done. I've tried to make as much of my classroom coordinate as possible (a recommendation I found on Pinterest).
I love this easy way to put up student writing.
"Student of the Week" ~ This is a painted oil pan. Then I hot glued border around it.
Had to redo my "Rate Your Writing" poster so that it matched. =)
Love my new number cards with the tens frame visual.
I added a matching border to my word wall posters.
The number line and coin reference match.
I'm excited about my new word wall and its location. It is under my Smartboard and whiteboard. I think it will stay organized and will be easy for the students to use. The background is felt and there is velcro on the back of all the words.
"Crate Seats" another Pinterest challenge. I used vinyl so that they can be cleaned. The thought of 1st graders with "accidents" kind of grossed me out with regular fabric.
I'm in love with my table signs. I made the flowers to match my border, and the lanterns are so stinking cute.
The caddies on the table match the table color.
I'm starting Daily 5 for the first time this year. I'm hoping this system works out for me.
I made these magnets with the student's names for them to mark their Daily 5 choice. I got the directions from Pinterest. Here's where you can find the directions.
I tried to label everything with signs and tags.
It's been a lot of work, but I'm loving the results.